The Spinner is our very special 2D Transform manipulator. As any other window, you can move it where you want into the 3D Viewport (however you can not dock it).
The Spinner is fully complementary with the 3D manipulator so you still can use the standard 3D manipulator to make your transformations.
How it works (standard use)
In most cases, the Spinner is divided in 2 parts :
- a peripheral ring with feature buttons
- a central part divided in Move, Rotate and Scale spinning areas.
You may select the transform type you want by clicking on the Move, Rotate or Scale buttons and then make some vertical LMB click + drag on the colored parts to transform along an axis (red for x, green for y and blue for z).
Dragging up increases value while dragging down decreases it.
(Shortcut: I): Move the object according to the selected axis (spinning area). Move Mode
(Shortcut: O): Rotate the object according to the selected axis (spinning area). Rotate Mode
(Shortcut: P): Scale the object according to the selected axis (spinning area). Scale Mode
: Local, World & Screen SpacesTransformations are made according either the object local, world axes or in the screen space (camera parallel). You switch between each modes using RMB (or even LMB) click on the button.
Breakdown Pose Editor (commonly known as Tween Machine): When in animation mode, allows to blend the actual posing of a selection of joints/controllers with the previous or the next key. Particularly useful to make overlaps.
Pivot Modes (Rigging)
: If active, this mode allows pivot transformation without affecting child joints. Pivot Mode
mode: While moving your joint pivot, the aiming axis (real or virtual) to its child and from its parent will remained preserved Sticky Aim
mode: While moving your joint pivot, the aiming axis (real or virtual) to its child and the second axis represented by the plane composed by parent joint/current joint/child joint will remained preserved (aim only from its parent Sticky Second Axis
and Sticky Second Axis Keep Direction mode: Special option of the above mode keeping always the direction of the second axis (no flipped axis)
: Access the settings panel. Spinner Preferences
- Discrete move step value: Set the step value for each move transformation incrementation.
- Discrete rotate step value: Set the step value for each rotate transformation incrementation.
- Discrete scale step value: Set the step value for each scale transformation incrementation.
- Toon scale Coefficient: Set the scale coefficient for the toon effect (same coefficient for the 3 axis).
- Show axis hints: This option extends infinitely axis of the selected object allowing to position and orient it easily according to another object.
- Use Move 3D gizmo in Spinner rotate mode: This option allows to let the Spinner in Rotate mode while handling the Move transformations directly with the 3D Gizmo. This manipulator combo is particularly efficient!
- Synchronize the move and rotate modes coordinate system: Allows you to sync the space (Local, world, Screen) between Move/rotate gizmos
Using the 3D Manipulator (MRS)
Depending on the transformation space you choose (, , ) the displayed 3D gizmo will change
- Local and World space gizmo display
- In Move mode, a yellow dot at the origin allowing you to make Screen Space translations (parallel to the camera)
- In Rotate mode, a yellow donut at the origin allowing you to make Screen Space rotations (parallel to the camera)
- Dedicated Screen Space 3D gizmos are available
- In Move mode, it allows you to make (strictly) horizontal and vertical translations as well as in camera depth
- In Rotate mode, it allows you to make (strictly) horizontal and vertical rotations
- To make single axis rotation, just LMB click + drag on the axis you want to transform. To make multi-axis rotations, MMB click + drag inside the "rotate ball part".
- To make plane move transformations, just LMB click + drag on the little plane triangle corresponding to the plane you want to move in.
- Concerning uniform scale, please use the square gizmo at the origin of the 3D manipulator.